Friday, June 14, 2013

CCM #5

My missionary scripture is the one that’s like ´ I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me (dad sent it to me in like one of my first letters:) I have no idea about my address changing. I received one of Elisa’s dear elders! I’m so happy because i get like a letter a week from either dad or her thing. I feel soooo soo loved. I’m so incredibly blessed. Thanks so much for everything. One of the ladies in the temple hugged me so much and kissed me on the cheek, and told me that she had a missionary out too. Love the missionaries, I have lots of mothers out here:). 2,000 islands??? dang trev! That’s tight! People say that with spanish we can come home speaking fluently, japanese and stuff they speak like I do in spanish after 5 months when they get home. Hard language, but you will love it man. AH tali going to school school?!? cray cray! BAHAHAHAHAHA the little red hen!!! I laughed out loud picturing it! That’s so great!!!! Very creative. I love it. wow.

So many incredible things happening over there in one week!!! good luck at graduation tomorrow trev! brother taylor is the new stake patriarch?!?! Did the other guy die? :( Congrats on the call to dad too! haha my advice is to be friends to all. Sharing the gospel doesn’t need to be awkward. Just state the facts! This is what life’s about! NOTHING else comes close to being as important. So just remember that. They will recognize it. Have faith in God. He makes things happen every day. Believe that He will make miracles happen in your life and he will! I love the armies of helaman. Dang did they have faith. A big part of faith is not doubting that God will deliver you or be with you always. Look for it in vs 47 and 56 of chapter 56 in alma. and ch 57 vs 21 and 26-27.  Ok while you’re at it turn the page to ch 58 vs 10 and 11. Good stuff. I’m in love with the scriptures. Seriously anything you ever need to know you can know from the scriptures and from prayer and answers from the holy ghost--2 ne 32: 3 and 5.

Wow. trevs an elder?? Giving blessings and going through the temple?? Doesn’t seem real! He will be an incredible missionary though. I can tell. He’s so obedient and he does what the Lord wants even if he’s never done it before or doesn’t know how. That’s what God needs and what makes extraordinary missionaries. Extremely obedient, hardworking and full of love. you got it man!

Ok so a week from today i will be in cusco!!! Time flies when you’re having fun eh? My flight leaves at like 9 I’ve heard, so i will hopefully be able to call in the airport if i can figure out a way. So I’m guessing maybe around 8 or 830 my time?? Who knows. Or maybe when i land. i love peruvians. Everything’s like last minute or not completely planned. :) sooooooo ya i can’t wait if it all works out! I don’t know how to use a phone card but whatevs.

Sooo i met my mish pres!!! He came to the ccm with the area 70s and stuff cuz they had a big meeting and came and ate at our cafeteria and that’s his new calling! He’s soooooo amazing! All 5 of us in my district just sat around as he ate and talked to us in spanish. He’s so full of the spirit and he said that he felt a really good spirit around us too. The altitudes super high so I’ll drink that drink, he said the people are amazing. I also met Elisa’s mission president!!! Its soo cool knowing that she’s soo close and real! hahah. He was so happy to meet me and i asked him if Elisa’s doing well, hes like ´yes! She’s the sister leader!´haha. There are 3 people from my district going to santa cruz so hopefully they’ll get to meet Elisa! 2 white girls and an elder. They are the girls that I’ve shared a room with for 6 weeks:), super funny. I can’t wait for them to meet Elisa. They just have like that dead pan humor. So great.

Oh ya, i forgot to tell you that i was called to be the sister leader in the ccm too! So I’ve had it just since last sunday, but it was cool cuz we wrote all the new girls notes, and I’ve been helping girls with sicknesses etc with oils n stuff. I have learned a lot from being the leader. It’s hard. you have a lot of responsibility and you have to be a good example always. haha even though i don’t do too much in the mtc, it’s been a really good experience for me. The new group got stuck over night in the LAX airport cuz something was wrong with the wing on their airplane! So i got up when they all got here and helped carry stuff up the stairs. I remember how hard it was getting here and everyone speaking spanish to you and not knowing what was going on and couldn’t imagine how hard it would be coming a day late too! i told them how this place is run.

Something for mission moms is that garments are SO cheap down here. Like 1.5 soles so like 60 american cents. soo good. I dont need any so i never bought any. Our last pday was today. We asked the pres if we could all go to pizza to celebrate our last pday. He worked out so many details giving us an extra hour out so we could go to the temple, go shopping and go to pizza hut!! Pizza hut was like a super nice sit down restaurant! Who woulda thought! I’m gunna miss lima. It’s so great. especially now that I’m not like freaked out every time i walk out of the doors or sit in the bus as it wizzes by the other cars like a licking distance away(aka i could lick the other car if i stuck my tongue out the window). i like the feel of the city and the run down houses. I’m sooooo stoked to finally get to cusco though.

I feel like the first week here i learned spanish so fast, but now I’ve started slowing down a bit. it’s frustrating, and nerve wracking, but tengo fe. I’m just stoked to get out and really be a missionary. :) One thing I’ve really learned though is that it doesn’t matter the title you have, you can be a missionary every day. Like before i came out here i learned so much stuff like how to listen to people and talk about the gospel with them and be friendly and listen to the spirit that has helped me so much out here. Like more than i would’ve been able to learn here in 6 weeks. aka learn something new every day. Don’t let one day go to waste. You can listen to the promptings of the spirit to help people. Helping people is the ultimate goal. Christ’s personality was to reach outside himself and he did it every single day and in every situation even when suffering on the cross. Our ultimate goal is to be like him, so let’s constantly find ways to not complain and look outside ourselves. Gods goal is ´to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man´, let’s make that our goal too eh? Obviously it’s the best goal eh? Help people, people!! :)

One of the guys that serves us food that we talk to every day we found out isn’t a member. We asked him if he wanted to learn more and it was like a no brainer yes. So all the sisters in my district talked to him after we got back from pizza today and it was the coolest thing. He had a lot of weird ideas about what we believe, and he knows the truth. People in the world just need to see that we´re normal people. He said he loves to serve people. Like that’s what he does every day, and he does it cuz of the good feelings he gets every time he does. He also believes in a higher power. It was cool being able to tell him that that higher power is God and he´s literally our father and that he speaks to us today. It like blew his mind. It was cool feeling like ammon teaching king lamoni and just relating everything back to him and having the support of everyone testifying that they know for themselves. What a blessing agency, and personal revelation are. God our father cares enough about EVERY SINGLE person that he will individually give them an answer and speak to them. If God teaches individually to their needs, we need to too. I’m so thankful for all of the incredible things I’ve learned on the mission so far. soo much learning in so little time. It’s incredible. It’s a trial of faith every day and i love it. my faith has grown so much. God loves all of you! Keep up the good work!

hermana malorie 

No comments:

Post a Comment