Monday, August 5, 2013

Rejoice and Fiesta!

Hola familia!!
 So we only have a half hour to write our families and friends now…so ya! I’m going to print off your emails and not be able to respond until a week later.
 So..I’ve been learning a mountain with this new companion. I’ve been learning that getting the spirit in lessons is the most important thing. Period. I’m super glad that I’ve had such a contrast between my two companions because now I can see the difference the spirit and love makes. I don’t think that she realizes it because that’s how it’s been with all her companions. I’ve been learning to have patience and teach by example. No one likes being told that they’re wrong, so I’ve been trying super hard to make a super extra effort to have love for the people in the lessons, ask questions, and do all I can to bring the spirit. Obedience is also sooo important. This is what we came to earth to learn, learn faith and how can we learn faith? Through obedience to the commandments and to the spirit. Always.
It’s amazing to see the way the spirit guides us to the people that are ready. I made a bet with the zone leaders to have 6 baptisms this transfer and they have to have to have ten, and if we do then we’ll buy a huge cake for the other companionships. It’s cool to see how if we put our effort in, the Lord will help us meet our goals. We found a security guy next to one of our investigators, and he said he wants to get baptized and serve a mission. Wow. Idk if I wrote this, but there was a lady that’s super catholic that the members have been trying to visit etc, but wasn’t receptive. Anyways I had no idea about any of this, but we knocked the door next to her house looking for someone I had contacted on the street and she opened the door and surprisingly let us in. she ended up crying to us and telling us that her daughter was super sick, we cried with her, and told her about blessings of health that the elders could give her daughter—she let them! The spirit was there, and now we are teaching her the lessons. The members that are her neighbors were like—what?? No way! Super cool how the Lord’s timing works, and how He trusts us enough to lead us to the people that are ready.
As we learn to have the spirit more, the Lord has been trusting us with more of His children. 6 new people we taught yesterday. I’m learning how to follow the spirit, and it makes missionary work so much more fun! Cuz the people can feel it and were actually helping them. I’ve also never been as tired as I was yesterday, and I had to consciously make the choice to keep walking for hours when we didn’t have success, I decided to rejoice and thank the Lord for the opportunity to be refined and demonstrate my commitment. Having hard times?? REJOICE AND FIESTA!!!!! Sooo grateful that we have the opportunity to be beat up and our rough edges smoothed—to do what we came here to do.
 Love you all lots! The church is sooo true!!!!! I LOVE THE WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMILE SIEMPRE!!!!!!
 Love, Hermana Malorie  Blacck

Ps, received 17 letters yesterday! Apparently I didn’t get a bunch in the ccm! THANKS SO much for all the support and updates on elisa and Michaela, sounds like they’re doing awesome! Black power!!! Haha people love that my last name is Black I get a lot of comments like, ‘ Hermana Negro, but you`re white!` or `Hermana White!`and then they laugh and laugh. LOVE IT! J

No comments:

Post a Comment